Wednesday 8 January 2014

Onwards and Upwards #childabuse #survivors

Life - Don't let it get you down because you won't get out alive..

2013 wasn't a great year I must admit. It didn't start off very well thanks to some poison pen comments from pathetic little minds. That period did teach me something however, and I would like to thank the writer for that. It taught me to believe in myself, to believe in my memories and to allow myself to be more of a willow than an oak.

I have lived.many lives over the last four and a half decades. I've had many falls and have had to reinvent myself and start anew in order to survive. Having D.I.D saved me life, and in the long run it saved my sanity. There are, no doubt, those out there that doubt I have any sane thoughts at all! It's a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind then it doesn't matter. Those warped individuals that have hurt me in my life don't matter either. Life's too short to let small minded idiots get in the way of my continuing healing journey.

I am thankful to those amongst you that have kept in regular contact, even though my personal blog posts have been few and far between. Many understood that I was dealing with my demons and offered support. They also understood  that my silences spoke much louder than any words (written or spoken)

Last year brought the subject of childhood sexual abuse to a much wider audience thanks to some high profile cases. It's very important to remember that most abuse goes unreported and can happen in any neighbourhood. Those that abuse know no boundaries.

I am sad that a few "friends" walked away during the year. They no doubt had their reasons. My door is always open...

I am looking forward to 2014 being a positive and productive time. Hopefully I can continue to bring about better awareness regarding issues that surround not only fellow male survivors, but all survivors of abuse. Together, united, we can and we will make a difference.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Survivors standing together makes such a difference - we are not alone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...