Friday 30 December 2011

The Greatest Gift

I was asked on Christmas day if I wrote poetry when I was angry.. I was also asked how I could bare my soul so easily.....

Anger is a wasteful emotion. It eats way at you. Yes, I was angry for a very long time, and yes, I have written when I was angry. Did it help me? Yes. The biggest lesson I have learnt though is to put that anger where it belongs. In the past.

When I write, I do so from my inner core. My "soul" if you like. I am what you read of me. There are no tricks, no disguises, no surprises.

My writing gives me a release, a way to let the emotions that have built up inside have a voice.
In my youth,  my life and my soul were ripped apart. Violated and soiled by those vile creatures of which I have spoken before. I rebuilt the man I am today from a shambles, a mess of emotions and expectations.  I did so alone. This was through choice as I trusted no one. In this process I chose to leave a window open, a window to my soul, my heart, my life. I guard that window well....

I share this with you. I ask nothing in return, other than that you listen and hopefully learn something from what I write.

I have made many friends these last few months, connections that I hope will stay with me through my life's journey. Where my life leads I do not know. What I do know is that for the first time in my life I feel it is ok to be me. Thank you.

One of the greatest of gifts is that of friendship. The other, the greatest gift of all, is love.

I am grateful for the connections I have made through my blog, I am grateful for my life.

May your holiday be full of glad tidings, may your new year be filled with the gift of love.

Live life, don't just exist, don't just survive. Live, set yourselves free. Anything is possible, you just have to believe. My road ahead is uncertain, probably rocky, but I have put the pain, the abuse and humiliation where it belongs... In the past.

Survive and then Thrive. If you want to know me better then join the Survivors and Thrivers Tribe on Triberr. Message me and I will send you an invite.

I think 2012 is going to be a very difficult year for many of us. Economic and political gloom. Poverty, and uprisings. Stand together, stand proud and strong.

Together we can be a voice to be reckoned with.

Wishing you all a magical, prosperous and above all HAPPY New Year.

Jan

1 comment:

CherryPie said...

You write beautifully. I wish you a happy new year too :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...