Friday 18 November 2011

Storms

Storms abound in my mind and all around me
Memories of what has been crash like thunder
The body remembers and reacts like lightning
Storms of yesterday combine with those of today

Tears fall like torrential rain, my mind collapses
I react, I strike out, words barbed with hate
The abuse continues, yet in a new guise
Winds howl, the past caught up and twisted.

A tornado of hate and spite shreds my being
Blame thrown at me like sharp daggers
They cut me, they maim me, I bleed
The future, that is now but the darkest night.

Fear, anger, my soul divided, my mind gone
The storms are destroying me, bit by bit
To have survived thus far, to now fall, fail
The final hurdle: Can I escape the storms...?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...